Monday 30 July 2018

Help debugging performance issues

Hi everyone,I've been dealing with trying to debug a performance issue for the past few days that seems to be CPU bound but I am having a hard time telling if the issue is what I actually think it is. I've been using the debugger with chrome://inspect to run CPU profiling and have being reading many articles that tell me that the "wider" the graph bars on the chart are, the more likely those functions are to block the event loop.It appears to be a function that calculates the string distance of two strings but I am not entirely sure if I am reading the chart and other options in the profiling correctly.Does anyone have any tips on how to debug NodeJS apps for performance issues? Has anyone dealt with having to offload some processing power via webworkers or other libraries or switching some functions to AWS Lambda to avoid problems like these? I can post the cpuprofile file later when I have access to my work computer if that helps.

Submitted July 30, 2018 at 10:40PM by sil3ntki11

No comments:

Post a Comment