Wednesday 18 July 2018

Beginner's Question About NPM

I've been using NPM (well using as in copy-pasting commands to install packages), and I'm actually trying to learn how to properly use it now.I noticed that even when I installed packages locally, they weren't appearing in my project directory (i.e - no node_modules folder was being created in the local directory). As such, I did some investigating and I saw I had a node_modules directory underneathC:\Users\myusernameI also saw a .babel.json and package-lock.json file in that same directory.I looked inside, and saw all packages that I had installed "locally" were actually appearing there.Is that normal, or is my npm installation messed up? I feel like it's incorrect - since it's probably the reason why when I install a package locally, no node_modules directory is created in the local project folder, but I'm not sure.

Submitted July 18, 2018 at 06:10PM by throwaway119284

No comments:

Post a Comment