Sunday 11 March 2018

Making a call to API, using json data. Don't know where to begin.

Hi /r/node, I come to you in a time of need.I'm a complete novice at web development, but I've decided to focus on it for my project at university. I'm building an web application using Riot Games' API. I'm using express and express-handlebars to handle the data and display the data.My issue is that I have no idea on how to even approach using the API.I tried following a tutorial on async waterfall but I just got really confused, and even when copying in the data it was always returning "null" for some reason. If anyone cares, here is the code that didn't work. I'm not allowed to provide my API key, I'm sorry.I know how to handle objects, but I just have literally 0 idea on how to make API calls and return the JSON data. Can anyone point a novice in the right direction?

Submitted March 12, 2018 at 01:07AM by neeyol

No comments:

Post a Comment