Monday 26 March 2018

Cannot for the life of me figure out how to use Jade.

Hey guys,So I'm running a basic Express webserver that I copied off of the internet. I wanted to use PHP includes but quickly realized that that's not really how node.js rolls. Found out that this "templating engine" called jade can accomplish something similar to php includes, and it's already on my webserver, great!I have absolutely no idea how to get it to work. So right now my website is a bunch of html, js, and css files in the "public" directory. On a PHP server, all you do is change the extension to ".php" instead of ".html" - this is not how Jade works. Jade runs off of a "views" folder and I have no clue what to do with it. Do I change all the extensions to ".jade" and move everything into the views folder? What am I meant to do here??

Submitted March 26, 2018 at 06:22AM by MitchTJones

No comments:

Post a Comment