Saturday 31 March 2018

How many hours to learn NodeJS as an experienced PHP MVC/ReactJS dev?

It's a question that gets asked a lot "How long to learn...?", but I wanted to ask when giving some more details of my previous experience.Title says it all really - I have quite extensive experience in PHP MVC (Yii2), ReactJS/Redux, jQuery, vanilla JS, MySQL/RDBMS etc. I am building a new app in PHP with a React frontend which is nearing completion. However, while developing it I have been using AWS for the first time and looking more and more into backend/server technologies and language performance. I am starting to think NodeJS is the way forward and I might look to transition this new app into Node/Express once I have the initial PHP version up and running.Realistically speaking, how many hours am I looking at to reach a professional-level proficiency in Node? I am a dedicated learner, putting 2-3 hours (or more) aside each day (7 days a week) to learn Node shouldn't be an issue.Also, how good/intuitive is Sequalize as an ORM?

Submitted March 31, 2018 at 01:04PM by U4-EA

No comments:

Post a Comment