Monday 26 March 2018

Building a Chat for a Dating Site. Need some advice!

Making a dating site and I want to implement messaging between users. I'm not sure about the best functionality for this. Here's my options:a) NOT live messaging. Messages POST to backend. Requires a page refresh to display new messages.b) LIVE messaging! Making use of web sockets. I would also have to save any live messages in a database. and loop through them like facebook when user logs back in.Obviously I'd want option B, but I have very little experience with socket.io and have no idea how complex it would be?I feel like it could be quite tricky because every new conversation between two users would require a new socket. I also have about 1/2 weeks to implement this. Just wandering if anyone could shed any light on how complex live messaging would be? Or point me to any good tutorials. (All tutorials seem basic. just two users)Thanks!

Submitted March 27, 2018 at 12:24AM by harrydry

No comments:

Post a Comment