Monday 8 May 2017

Why are NoSQL databases usually paired up with Node?

I've been doing some research for databases for Node.JS and almost everyone is recommending NoSQL type databases, like MongoDB.I see that NoSQL is not that great for relational data, but that's where I'm getting confused: Most business applications (or social networking type apps) have relational data. For example, let's say I'm building an application in Node.JS for a school that has students, teachers, classes. You can see there's alot of relationships in there.Would you recommend using NoSQL? I know that you can use mongoose to enforce relationship databases in NoSQL databases though. Or would you go for a SQL database? Why does the majority recommend using NoSQL when using Node?

Submitted May 08, 2017 at 11:42PM by badboyzpwns

No comments:

Post a Comment