Tuesday 23 May 2017

I've built a site to help programmers find a team for their project ideas

Hello,I've been working on a project as a way to teach myself programming. The site is called 42exp and is built on node/postgres. The relevant github repoAs a new/self-taught developer , i faced two problems which were driving factors to build the site.Lack of project ideas - I basically got tired of doing to-do lists all day for every language framework. I believe that the only way to gain practical knowledge in a language is to build a product which you would find useful.Lack of a team to bounce ideas off - Collaborating with other devs is something i could never experience . This i think is a major stumbling block in my learning. I liked django/node/DRF and wasnt comfortable with design. It would've been awesome to work with a designer who could take care of deciding how a site looks while i look into the backend or vice versa.The site is still new (buggy is probably a better term) , but i would love it if you guys can try it out , provide feedback and start your own projects.Thanks for the read, KJ

Submitted May 23, 2017 at 03:36PM by __kannaj__

No comments:

Post a Comment