Tuesday 23 May 2017

Looking for guidance on releasing my open-source application

Hello,I'm about ready to release my open-sourced project located here, and I think this is a really good application idea. But I don't know much on how to "release" open-sourced projects (or projects at all). So this application is like phpmyadmin, except much friendlier, not as many features, and is database-agnostic.But I'm confused on how to "release" this because the user has to clone this project, then compile the typescript into javascript, then run "node app.js" and it launches a localhost web app. But it should be easier for the user. I don't want them to have to typescript-build it, then run "node app.js." I just want them to access it right away. So what should I do? I don't know how to release a localhost website. I want the user to be 1 step away from seeing the final prodict. Not have to clone, build, then run "node app.js." I don't know what I want the end result to look like. Is there an open-sourced "website" that's released like this?I also have another question. This is a tool users use to connect to their database. But in the rare unlikely chance that this tool corrupts their data, I don't want to be in trouble for that. This is an open-sourced free-to-use web application. I wanted to release it to help people, not to be in trouble. Do I have to worry about this? Like... can I get sued if my project messes up their data, or held responsible?Thank you for the help.

Submitted May 24, 2017 at 04:12AM by AskYous

No comments:

Post a Comment