Wednesday 31 May 2017

Can you recommend cheap (or free!) hosting for a personal node app which does a lot of web scraping?

Hi. I am planning a personal app / showcase which is basically a souped up RSS reader. I am looking for the cheapest possible way to host it (free would be great). I'd want to use Express / Postresql but I am flexible on architecture / stack, as long as it's node based and not too obscure (not keen on Meteor). What hosting solution do you recommend?Requirementsonly accessed 20/50 times a daymust be able to run cron jobs to scrape web pages, say about 100 per hourthe same cron jobs should allow me to render pages server sidewith time the data stored may get hefty (I am OK with saving processed data to files and use the DB for metadata only, if it helps)https and password protectionThanks in advance

Submitted May 31, 2017 at 11:57AM by gotofritz

No comments:

Post a Comment