Saturday 27 May 2017

[Q] Store single JWT for all requests to external API

Hi,I need to use my application as a middleware/proxy to connect to an external API.So all my users can call my endpoint and this one will retrieve data from an external API.My issue is that I'm not sure what is the best strategy to authenticate and get the JWT from the external API and use that JWT for all the requests and then refresh it eventually.I don't need to store a JWT per user, is a JWT for my entire application.I was thinking on getting the JWT on the app startup and store it, then run a timeout to check if X amount of hours had passed to refresh it.But I'm not sure if this is the best/most secure approach.I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Submitted May 27, 2017 at 10:50PM by ezpzqt129

No comments:

Post a Comment