Wednesday 15 February 2017

I apologize in advance - but I have a really silly node question (new to node)

I've always done development on Apache2 (LAMP); which is easy enough - you can just create an HTML document right in a directory and 'bam', you can access it via your browser!From the little tutorials and stuff I've seen online - it appears you have to run a node command via CLI to 'start' the node server.How does that work for doing local development? Not that I'm opposed to typing a command and then looking at my work.But it just seems that Apache is 'always on', I never have to think about it or type commands to get it running.Can Node work that way or am I missing something?I'd like to get a local dev environment setup so I can start learning - but I am just curious on the difference between apache and nodejs and how to set node up properly (I currently have it installed and did a couple little "hello world" tutorials)

Submitted February 15, 2017 at 02:22PM by TheOtherDanielFromSL

No comments:

Post a Comment