Sunday 24 April 2016

What serverless database should I use?

I'd like to use a serverless database for a node.js project: I'd like something simple to setup and use, and would love to keep my database in a regular file (mostly for simplicity), rather than having to depend on an external server.I've played around with the following:SQLite: I don't feel too much like using a SQL DB, it feels like a lot of work just to define the tables, and a pain every time I need to change some columns of one. It'd be perfect, though, if I had to go the SQL way.UnQLite: I've read that it's quite immature and unstable.LevelDB: it seems really nice. Most of the LevelDB related projects are very old though (with the latest commits from a couple of years ago), and I've already run into a few odd bugs with some of these.What's your experience?Is going for SQL worth it in the end?Should I give up and use a DBMS like MongoDB?Is LevelDB the best available option? Is it even still alive? It doesn't seem so...

Submitted April 25, 2016 at 02:42AM by oroep

No comments:

Post a Comment