Thursday 28 April 2016

Cluster, Nginx, Redis, websockets and Node : How to choose?

Hey!Here's what I am dealing with.-I'm using Express.js.-I'll setup Nginx to serve static files, pointing server IP to domain and setup SSL. That's a must.-I have to use pm2 (or equivalent) to keep my app alive, that's also a must.-I have a Redis instance that I use for messaging and user feeds.-Since I'm going to use pm2's cluster module, I need to be able to redirect the right stuff to the right direction when I'm dealing with socketio, so I'll use this (socketio + redis) : http://ift.tt/26zAQdH want to take advantage of my multi core server, so I need to be able to utilize all the CPU's I have. Both Nginx and pm2 offer this, planning to use pm2's, but do I also have to set Nginx's worker_processes stuff to number of CPU's I have OR does it uses the whole server automatically?Am I on the right track?If there's something you want to add or have any suggestions, please feel free to share.

Submitted April 29, 2016 at 07:35AM by laraveling

No comments:

Post a Comment