Thursday 21 April 2016

Oauth authentication for Node js

Hi,I'm planning to create a simple REST api using node js. The plan is that this REST api will be consumed by web apps(using angular) as well as mobile apps(Android, ios etc). Im planning to implement the oauth authentication.I'm new to nodejs. Could you please help with the below questions.How should i approach the oauth authentication?Should I implement the ouath at the Node level(using Bell or Passport) so that this authentication will be used accross all access points(web, mobile app etc)?Or should I implement the oauth at the client level(angular, android app) and pass the authentication info to the node layer(idea is to avoid unauthorized api access).What is the ideal approach? Server side or client side?Is there any sample guides available for the scenario I explained above?Thanks in advance.

Submitted April 21, 2016 at 12:08PM by paappa_thaappa

No comments:

Post a Comment