Monday 15 February 2016

What level of tooling?

As a former .NET dev, i am used to heavy tooling and heavy IDE support. I am now dabling in Node and MEAN for a side project, and i amimpressed with the web devs who use sublime/atom/vi with such minimal overhead, but its also intimidating for me to not have the IDE support i am used to(like intellisense, debugging etc...)I am also using windows, which i have experienced firsthand is a pain in the ass for node development since the shell sucks and 99% of examples are in bash.so i found webstorm, which is the first time in a month that i feel like my node project just works, and im able to make reasonable progress. But i am concerned that I am bloatign my project by using webstorm. It seems to be adding a number of proprietary files and dependancies.My question is this, should i continue along in webstorm acknowledging that is is bloating my codebase or should i take the time to invest in a more lightweight solution where I will end up with a cleaner codebase and likely a deeper understanding of node and bash.help!

Submitted February 15, 2016 at 08:26PM by HoneyBadger08

No comments:

Post a Comment