Wednesday 24 February 2016

Has anyone here made a groupme bot or really any chat bot? I'm trying to make my own and could use some help.

I am very new to node. I just learned that you can make groupme bots and since I use it all the time I thought I would try it out. I followed this sample, http://ift.tt/1CybvDL, project and got it to work no problem. I'm sure I could fool around with that a bit and do some simple stuff, but I want to go further with it.The problem I'm trying to wrap my head around is the development process, especially the debugging and testing processes. I come from a ASP.NET and C# world so I just use visual studio to debug. I have also fooled around very slightly with python with just writing to the console type of debugging. I just don't understand how to go about it with making a bot, especially if you have to deploy it to heroku to get it working.Right I have some working code but I would like to go through it as it is getting responses to see what is happening and eventually do that for my own bot. I would try to look for tutorials but there doesn't seem like there is much out there.So basically what I'm asking is how do you launch a bot locally and test and debug groupme chat responses for it?

Submitted February 25, 2016 at 05:08AM by targus_4d3d3d3

No comments:

Post a Comment