Wednesday 24 February 2016

Hi guys! I just recently started on a game server framework, and I have a couple of questions.

I have read quite a few code reviews on this subreddit, and I've tried to follow the good applicable advice where I could. I'm not an expert with node.js, and if anyone has the time to read some of my code over and let me know if it's just absolutely terrible or if there is something that I should change that I missed then that would be awesome.http://ift.tt/24p8kdW I do have a couple of questions for everyone:Event Emitters. How efficient are they? Will my program suffer greatly if I have hundreds of objects which derive from the EventEmitter object?util.inherits() or lodash for inheritance? I had a lot of trouble manually manipulating the prorotype of an object the traditional javascript way with Player.prototype = new EventEmitter(); Is this a node.js thing or could it be because of where I was doing this in the program?

Submitted February 24, 2016 at 02:30PM by ThrowinAwayTheDay

No comments:

Post a Comment