Monday 22 February 2016

Where / how to put in a REST API

Hey guys! I'm pretty new to back-end developing in general so I'm a little confused about where / how to put in a REST API in my application.I have a file (server.js) which serves static files and does some simple routing, for which I use the express.js framework. Now I need to integrate a REST API layer which would be placed between the frontend and aforementioned server.js file.When you would perform a HTTP method from the frontend, you would go to the REST API which would contact the server.js backend file.We are using this REST API since we will also be developing an Android application which will utilize this layer.Now, the actual question: do I need a new express server running especially for this REST API layer? Or what would I be able to do as an alternative?

Submitted February 22, 2016 at 02:35PM by Kattoor

No comments:

Post a Comment