Saturday 20 February 2016

New to Node, could really use some code review on a very small project

New to node, .net background.I am used to having MS dictate how my project should be structure, node is giving me too much rope to hang myself with!I have a very basic app, which offers local user authentication, registration, and forgot password.Before i branch and start building out the guts of my app, i could really use some coaching on how to improve the structure of my code.I feel like its fairly clean, but certain there is room to improve before i move o n and star amplifying bad habits.my project is here: http://ift.tt/1Q881hi would appreciate any feedback. particular points i am not confident in are as follows:1) I tried to keep my server.js file as minimal as possible by modularizing my code into config(db connection), models(User), middleware(passport initialization), and routes.2) i dont think im going about handling routes well, as my routes grow this single file will become unwieldy... suggestions?3) is initializing my passport in a module a wierd thing to do?4) is my user model structured well? I expect to build other models using this as a template.any advice appreciated!

Submitted February 20, 2016 at 10:19PM by HoneyBadger08

No comments:

Post a Comment