Wednesday 13 January 2016

Webworkers and Atom

Hello,I've been using PhpStorm and WebStorm for the last two years, but mostly PhpStorm. I decided to move to Atom and started using a package called atom-ternjs, but it's very slow (older versions work fast enough but newer versions are very slow) and laggy. http://ift.tt/1mWXQRd's a warning, though, but I need to be able to get autocompletion for every package I added to my project, like asyc, bookshelfjs, cheerio, request, etc."loadEagerly is expensive. Do not add paths like node_modules."I'm not sure whether it's possible or not, but here's an idea. As far as I understand, this module works dynamically and it's the main reason it gets slow if there are lots of folders to scan.Would it possible to create a module (or modify this module) to make it work in a way that it creates its autocomplete index for every X minutes (or manually) so suggestions can be fetched from a static file and performance will be higher? That's my guess, though.If it is possible to achieve that, what would be the roadmap I should follow?I'm not very good at Node.js, but I'd like to solve that problem because I want to continue using Atom.

Submitted January 13, 2016 at 11:50PM by laraveling

No comments:

Post a Comment