Saturday 23 January 2016

Trouble with installation on Mint 17/Ubuntu 14.04 in VirtualBox. Typing "node" and anything else in console will just return system command prompt.

I'm trying to just get Node up and running.I installed with: sudo apt-get install node and it does kick down to the next line so it kinda works but I do not get the node prompt, just the system prompt. Typing in node -v does the same, just kicks down a line and gives me the system prompt. Same thing happens when I try running a hello-world.js file.Before installation, typing "node" would tell me the command is unrecognized so the installation is doing something.I tried rebooting after install just in case that was the issue.According to SO, there is no error log. How can I troubleshoot what is wrong with the install? Has anyone run into this before?

Submitted January 23, 2016 at 04:45PM by ipitythefoobar

No comments:

Post a Comment