Friday 15 January 2016

Non blocking image processing on a server?

If I had a server set up with Node and there was an admin backend where I could batch upload a bunch of images which would then be cropped, compressed, and resized automatically before being added to a relational database, would I need to be concerned with image processing blocking other Node processes?For example, if on this same system, several users could access several existing images at once through ajax calls/rest api, would there be a slowdown if images are currently being uploaded and processed?I imagine image processing would be cpu intensive so I'm wondering if Node would be a good candidate for this type of project or if it could be conceptually as easy asProcessImages(images,Callback){ //do processing here Callback(addTheseProcessedImageToDb) } AccessImagesViaGET(req,res)//not waiting for ProcessImages

Submitted January 16, 2016 at 12:42AM by keyer7

No comments:

Post a Comment