Wednesday 13 January 2016

How should I install and use multiple versions of Node on the same production machine? Is it a dumb idea?

I know about n,nave and npm but I think that those are intended for development/testing.Our requirement is that we be able to have more than one version of Node running on a production machine. For instance, I might want an Express app running on Node 4. Also a Koa app running on Node 5. Also a HapiJS API running on Node 6.I don't know that nvm doesn't do this, but since it's a shell script my intuition says it won't. Same for nave and n. Am I wrong?Also, if this is an awful idea feel free to say so.Docker is not an option. Long story. It may be available in the future.I posted this on SO too but I suspect it will be closed for being opinion based.

Submitted January 13, 2016 at 08:39PM by jdub_pdx

No comments:

Post a Comment