Sunday 23 August 2020

Seamless integration of Spotify API in Electron app?

So I want to integrate the Spotify API in my Electron app. The issue I can't seem to get around is integrating it in a seamless manner. By this I mean using an external server to handle the Secret as recommended. My setup so far is having a Express server hosted on Heroku for the callback url and following the Authorization Code Flow as presented here.With things being handled on an external server so that the Secret isn't exposed to the client, I don't see a way to do this seamlessly. So after the user is authenticated, the tokens are on the server's callback page. I don't see a way for the app to now know if the authentication process was completed. I don't think it's logical to have the user click the connect to Spotify button in the app again to check.Any ideas for integrating into Electron for a Desktop app?

Submitted August 24, 2020 at 12:54AM by SweatyCubes

No comments:

Post a Comment