Saturday 25 April 2020

Easy way to know something is a dev dependency?

It seems obvious even from a Google search:For example testing packages, webpack or Babel.So Axios, I am using that, when I run the build, isn't that turned into like plain XHR or something, so it could be considered a dev dependency?In my particular case I'm using create-react-app and using npm run build for my "production"I imagine it would be different if I'm deploying say an Express API where I need something like multr but even that... doesn't that get turned into plain JS. I'm not "shipping" static files but running libraries so I could see these being needed/not dev dependencies.I guess when/why does this matter... just lines in package.jsonI guess sending unneeded files/extra bytes

Submitted April 25, 2020 at 06:22PM by post_hazanko

No comments:

Post a Comment