Tuesday 28 April 2020

Pinning package.json dependency versions

I apologize for the basic-feeling question -- definitely not my area of expertise and 30 minutes of google searches failed me.TL;DR; = Is there a more automated CLI tool for quickly comparing pinned package.json versions to the versions available?The project I've been working on for a year (react-frontend / node-backend) went live two weeks ago. (YAY!) Now that we're done with most of the support requirements, etc., I want to take some extra steps make sure we're good to "walk away," without unnecessary support requests -- (and i think it would be nice to know this to help avoid future "we have a fire" scenarios that we see often enough in webapp development).I have manually pinned all of the `non-devDependencies` versions:// eg was: "react": "^16.13.0", // is now a "pinned" version, sans-caret: "react": "16.13.1", I didn't do this with devDependencies. A `^` semver value (to jest for example -- something in devDependencies) might pull in a minor update tho' that causes failing tests kills the CI/CD process.Is there a more automated CLI tool for quickly comparing pinned package.json versions to the versions available?

Submitted April 29, 2020 at 02:16AM by ArtDealer

No comments:

Post a Comment