Sunday 24 November 2019

Can no longer access local website via iOS home screen icon after a few hours of server uptime

I'm dealing with some strange behaviour and I was hoping someone could lead me into the right direction.In Safari, I went to my local web app which is just 192.168.1.30:4500 and added the website to my home screen.Like the title says, when the local express server has been running for quite some time; I am no longer able to access the website through the icon on my home screen, it just says "Safari cannot connect to... or something". BUT I am able to connect to the web app completely fine via Safari directly at all times, just as long as the server is up.I can't really show any code but I was hoping if someone can tell me what's going on. Also I think it's important to note that I do not want any caching to occur since it's a live web application which constantly get's updated with the server.P.s. the web app is a create-react-app.I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here, please remove the post if so. I just thought this might have something to do with node or express.

Submitted November 24, 2019 at 09:18PM by Crispy_Kleina

No comments:

Post a Comment