Wednesday 27 November 2019

Node.js hardware suggestion AMD or INTEL ?

Hey I am looking to buy a new hardware for my nodes.js server and atm I am stuck on which cpu to buy? My system is meant for a multiplayer game with lots of computation so all the x, y (2d) stuff includes angle calculation distance calculation with square function etc. Also there is a lot of chunking of arrays down for each client.Currently I have a Intel Pentium N3710 quad core Synology System DS916+ MariaDb and Iam programming only single threaded so my target would be a good single thread cpu . For future targets I also want to have multi core .Future setup would be my nas for myself a good nodes.server(good cpu) and some raspberry pi for the little stuff like Mysql which runs for backing up stuff.My question would be for which benchmark should I look for when comparing the different cpus to be able to fulfill my needs also should I look for fast ram due to from what I understood nodes runs in a event loop ?Would be nice to get some good feedback

Submitted November 27, 2019 at 06:46PM by Dex2k2

No comments:

Post a Comment