Friday 22 March 2019

So I've been using this config library I wrote for a while now and would love some feedback.

https://github.com/from-nibly/configAt the time I wrote it I couldn't really find another library that did what I wanted it to do. I was heavily influenced by spring properties. Although I don't agree with spring on a lot of things I would say that their approach to properties is dead on. This library essentially creates one giant flattened property structure which you can then inflate into objects if you like. The number of property sources is pretty sparse at the moment mainly just Environment Variables and File based, but you can just write a property loader to extend it. (edit: I have done this a couple of times already where I needed a really specific property loader for a single project)​Hopefully I'm not completely blind and there is already something out there that does this. Or maybe hopefully there is and I wont have to maintain this one? Anyway have at it.

Submitted March 23, 2019 at 02:41AM by from-nibly

No comments:

Post a Comment