Friday 22 March 2019

Feedback on a non-ORM data access approach

I've been using an ORM for years - and often still find myself frustrated trying to map the complexity and nuance of SQL to an ORM api.What is attractive to me about ORMs, though, is the marshaling of raw result rows into predefined structured objects (preferable pure objects).With the desire to write raw SQL, and receive back pure, properly nested business objects, I built a small library layered on top of a database driver to do this.I'd love to hear feedback on this approach! I was surprised to not find anything in this space, and wonder if there are more people in between the "just use database drivers" and "just use ORMs" camps.The library is https://github.com/craigmichaelmartin/sql-toolkit

Submitted March 23, 2019 at 02:28AM by sammrtn

No comments:

Post a Comment