Wednesday 27 March 2019

NodeJS API documentation and client generation

Hi Guys,Perhaps someone could give me some help or point me in the right direction. I'd like to implement proper documentation for my API and I'd like to be able to generate a typescript client for the front-end that uses fetch to make API calls.I found a solution for this using Swagger, and got everything set up and working. However, I've been sing the following library to generate my Swagger documentation and honestly, it's not very well maintained. https://github.com/olivierlsc/swagger-express-tsI've run into a couple of issues using this library and I don't think they'll be resolved any time soon.Do you guys know if there's any bigger libraries out there that I could use to generate API documentation based on inline code decorators? I'd rather not have a seperate documentation file that has to be maintained in tandem with developing new endpoints. I'm kind of surprised this isn't a bigger deal and I can hardly find any blogs about this issue. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong direction though.Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Submitted March 27, 2019 at 11:01AM by circularDependency-

No comments:

Post a Comment