Thursday 28 March 2019

Beginner needs help!

Hello Webdevs,I'm new to web development (not programming). For the past few weeks I've been learning VueJs, Nuxt, Express and MongoDB. For a beginner project I want to create a simple Web App that fetches a players information from a video game. This video game doesn't have a public API, as far as I know, but their website does have an API with all of the players information. I'm having some trouble trying to figure out how one structures projects like this. I know that I'm gonna be using Vue as front-end, express as back and mongo for database. But how should I begin structuring this website. Should I build a rest API first? Do I complete my front end first? Do I complete my backend first? How would I go about fetching all of the information from the games website into my own api I can use?Basically I'm lost on where to begin. All of the tutorials and courses are a great tool to learn all of the frameworks. But I haven't found something that lays down a "roadmap" which tell you where to begin and wha to work on next.Thanks for everything!

Submitted March 29, 2019 at 04:05AM by itzalesh

No comments:

Post a Comment