Wednesday 23 January 2019

Type of projects I should be working on to impress employers

Hey everyone. I recently began job hunting after being out of the game for the past four years. It's just time to move on. So NodeJS is much more prevalent than it was four years ago. I've begun playing around with some side projects to acclimate myself with it, but I don't think a chat application or a hacker news clone will cut it for an employer. I know I would catch on pretty quickly if I was in Node 9-5, but unfortunately I can only really devote 5-10 hours a week to learning it.What types of applications or skills should I be able to demonstrate to employers? I know thats vague, but again, this little chat application on my github probably won't cut it. So I want to think bigger.

Submitted January 23, 2019 at 11:01PM by systematical

No comments:

Post a Comment