Saturday 26 January 2019

Request not passing req.body through to other service

I have a Node.js API gateway that passes requests to my different services. It seems to pass the URL correctly (expected) but it is not passing `req.body` to my other services, in this case my auth service.​Here is my route​router.post('/signup', (req, res) => {request.post(req.path, options, (error, response, body) => {if (error) throw error;res.send(body);});});​Here is my route in my auth service​router.post('/signup', (req, res) => {console.log(req.body);res.send(req.body)});​I am getting back `{}` as my response to the API gateway so it seems like my `req.body` is not being passed through to my auth service. I'm not sure the correct way to have it pass through the whole `req` object to the auth service while using the request package.​I think that I need to include `form: {key:'value'}},` somewhere in the request where I include `req.body` as part of the form data. Not sure how this would work since I already have the options included to set my base URL which is dynamic based off a setInterval elsewhere in my code.​options = {baseUrl : serviceURL}​​

Submitted January 27, 2019 at 02:10AM by jsdfkljdsafdsu980p

No comments:

Post a Comment