Monday 28 January 2019

Need Some Help With MEVN Stack Authentication

Good morning everyone,I've done a lot of work on this on my own. I've followed a tutorial on MEVN stack but it was coming up to be a failure. It may be because it's using Vue2? Not sure about that. Then I went back to my original, because I didn't think to check it before the tutorial. And it... works.What it is doing at the current moment is authenticating the user and then redirecting them to the express version of '/' and not back to the vue home. Is there a way with my current authentication will work with this. The files can be found at:The login route is found here:https://github.com/Randygbiv/portfolio/blob/api_and_frontend/routes/userRoutes.js​The User model is found here:https://github.com/Randygbiv/portfolio/blob/api_and_frontend/models/user.js​What I'm asking is if the code I have here can work in any way to authenticate a MEVN app or will I have to completely re-write this. I really don't want to because it may change the way that the password is stored in the database and I've already got the working version in production.

Submitted January 28, 2019 at 03:28PM by randygbiv

No comments:

Post a Comment