Monday 28 January 2019

What are your best resources for learning to build database structures.

I’m relatively new to coding and have only made your normal MongoDB based tutorial projects (yelpCamp and the likes).I want to sink my teeth into a rather daunting project of making a personal CRM/automating some of my day job. I know it’ll be a lot to take on but in my opinion being thrown in the deep end is the fastest way to learn. I also want to make it using an SQL based database system rather than Mongo as relational has more appeal to the types of data I want to work with.I can already visualize the potential for larger and larger amounts of data to be collected. I eventually want want tables for users, companies, employees, projects, financial history of different companies, status updates for different employees in individual projects, and also a logging system to see what user updated what record and when. I feel I can get the logic down relatively easily, but the most daunting task I see now is setting up the databases to be efficient and have minimal repeated entries.As I don’t have much experience in building out these larger applications, and to the best of my knowledge SQL databases aren’t the easiest to just alter and adjust on the fly, where is the best place to learn correct database structuring for my application?Happy to take any other advice on the project also.

Submitted January 28, 2019 at 04:59PM by Xzas22

No comments:

Post a Comment