Tuesday 29 January 2019

Node express server integration with Cognito user pool

I'm working on a node / express web app.I want to use Cognito user pools to manage users, and its provided login pages to authenticate users that may be federated - .e.g facebook/google/cognito managed accounts.What is the best practice / easiest way to achieve this in node?I've seen the amplify library but that is geared towards client-only/SPA/mobile apps.Roll my own oauth integration code to get an oauth token and parse it via using cognito endpointsI've seen a couple of Passport + Oauth libraries but they seem to not be regularly maintained / popular and others suggest that it is a bit of overkill to use Passport as well as Cognito.AWS SDK for node?What do most people do for this? I'm heading towards #2 - roll my own - but want to know if I'm missing something easier / more robust.

Submitted January 29, 2019 at 05:07PM by random523

No comments:

Post a Comment