Friday 25 January 2019

Electron questions for new node developer

I want to develop an application for work that will make workloads for everyone at the company a lot lot easier. I've decided that given my background in web development the best way to do this is with node and electron. I've done all my research and am confident this is the way to go and am well underway in learning all the ins and outs of node. I have a couple questions about electron though.Can I make my application with web pages now and then port it over to electron when done? Or will I severely regret not coding it with electron in mind from the beginning. Reason for this is I might make it a web app instead of a desktop app. Heavily leaning towards desktop app though given some company politics.The application I'm making makes heavy use of subversion (svn) commands. For windows users is it possible to include svn binaries (like sliksvn) with the electron package? Or is there no way around the need to instruct users to install something like sliksvn separately?

Submitted January 25, 2019 at 09:17AM by Aishateeler

No comments:

Post a Comment