Thursday 24 January 2019

Automatically Aligning two Subtitle Files (.srt)?

Beginner here. I have two subtitle files (.srt) in different languages; I would like to align them so that I in the end get a single (say) json with both languages. However, I'm not entirely sure how I would go about this in a clever way (I'm a beginner)? How do I make sure that I pair the right lines?It's possible for example, that one file contains this:Min 01-09: He stood up. And he went away.While the other file, (in a different language), contains this:Min 01: He stood upMin 05: And he went awayHere I can't do a simple 1:1 mapping, because that would be wrong & ruin everything that comes after. Also times might be slightly different. Sorry if this is a simple questions for the more advanced here, I'm just wondering what a good approach might look like (roughly)​

Submitted January 24, 2019 at 04:20PM by rmtedv

No comments:

Post a Comment