Saturday 20 October 2018

Requesting help with MEAN Stack setup/deployment

I am a MEAN stack beginner trying to get an arbitrary application up and running on a Digital Ocean droplet running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I do not actually have an application yet, so that can be as minimal as a 'Hello World'. I want to be able to see and interact with the application in a remote browser (I can't run a browser from where I'm hosting the application), and begin to understand the toolchain, directory structures, and get past the ops tasks involved in setting up an application.I have tried to use a number of MEAN stack guides online, but most of them have some major issues or don't seem to work in my use case. I'm not a total beginner to Linux and I've been experimenting and Googling and reading StackOverflow pages all day and I just can't seem to get everything to work together and am encountering a lot of issues especially with file permissions and don't really understand how to get Node serving in such a way that I can actually see an application in the browser. It seems so much easier to serve content using apache or nginx but I guess that's just because I have experience there.What configuration and commands do I need to run to actually minimally serving something? And how can I be sure that's serving in such a way I can see it from a remote browser (not on localhost)?If anyone would be willing to point me to a good guide or get on discord or something and help me, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Submitted October 20, 2018 at 11:04PM by cbslinger

No comments:

Post a Comment