Saturday 27 October 2018

Standalone TOR/onion client?

Hi! I'm building a web crawling/scraping NodeJS app (a kind of a search engine), and one of the requirements is to support both regular and .onion TOR URLs and make GET requests to them. Unfortunately, all solutions I've found require a separate TOR proxy service running to access onion websites.Is there a library that provides a standalone TOR client? I would very much like to use it instead of dealing with a separate service, because the latter complicates deployment significantly, and the app is meant to be deployed anywhere with a single command.Thanks!UPD: I've thought about Docker, but the bundle size really concerns me, I'm trying to make the app small and quickly downloadable.

Submitted October 27, 2018 at 12:47PM by smthamazing

No comments:

Post a Comment