Tuesday 23 October 2018

Do any popular mobile rpg games use node? Will my idea work okay with node?

Do any popular mobile rpg games use node? Will my idea work okay with node?I am currently working on a single player puzzle game and in around 6 months hope to start a mobile rpg with mostly asynchronous multiplayer mechanics. I have zero experience in multiplayer so during that 6 months I hope to reach a point where I am capable of making the game I want to make. Before starting my game I spent time learning javascript / react / redux which is why I am thinking about node and mongodb. I also did a tiny bit of Udemy's The Complete Node.js Developer Course 2nd Edition and really enjoyed its teaching style.The features I want my game to have are below.Arena - An active player chooses to fight in the arena. A database request is made to get the stats of an enemy player. Then the computer fights an active player using the data of the enemy player pretty much like a monster. Most mobile gacha games have this exact system.High Score - Just random data like highest level.World Bosses - Although everyone fights the boss at the same time you don't actually see other players. What you see is the same as you would when in a single player monster fight except you also see the world boss's hit points dropping even when you aren't attacking it. So in the fight the only multiplayer mechanic is how the boss's HP is shared between all players attacking it and how your loot is based on your damage ranking compared to the other players.

Submitted October 23, 2018 at 05:23PM by DuskyPixel

No comments:

Post a Comment