Sunday 21 October 2018

Can anyone please share feedback on nest.js node framework?

So going for a pet project and looking to build backend. My previous node experience consists on building few api's for automation via rocket chat integration and some mingling with hubot. That's using express js.However, now I'm having a pet project, it's rather simple LMS system with some quizes and content. Going to use React for my frontend, but could use some more sophisticated backend. However, while I could use Symfony (php framework), I want to continue to develop my skills in javascript and potentially typescript. So I stumbled upon NestJS, which looks like fully fledged web framework when compared to less extensive tools like Express which I've previousy had used. Nest uses Express at it's core though.Documentation seems solid and it seems reasonably popular. However I'm a bit skeptical about dependency injection pattern being used in javascript, given that it's not class based OOP language, it feels more like a dragged in hack. But perhaps that's how typescript is done the correct way too?So please, help me out. Anyone who have experience in Nest JS or have a good eye for technologies used in typescript or even have extensive experience in Angular 2+ (nest is based on same patterns) is very welcome.Thank you!​

Submitted October 21, 2018 at 02:48PM by wherediditrun

No comments:

Post a Comment