Monday 20 August 2018

Should I use Express.js for a simple React Blog?

I'm trying to build a simple blog with React that uses a PostgreSQL database and will consist of posting and retrieving data from the database using Node.I'm trying to also incorporate Express, but after using Express App Generator, I'm realizing this creates a lot of boilerplate that I'm sure provides lots of functionality, but I'm not sure I'll need it or know what to do with it. For instance, because I'm using React, I don't think I'll be using a templating engine or anything like that.Primarily, I'm trying to figure out how to use Node/Express to interact with PostgreSQL using something like the npm module pg-promise.Does anybody have some advice for me in this situation? Thanks for any help.

Submitted August 20, 2018 at 08:36PM by stoned_phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment