Wednesday 29 August 2018

Complete beginner wondering how to work a GroupMe bot example in node.js

Hi, I’ve been working on a GroupMe bot for chats that are specified for different subjects for my classes to have fun and assist my classmates but I’m completely new to this and have been following this template and it works well for commands that take input from a user in the chat and provide output like an image. I’ve already deployed it to Heroku and it works in the chats for responding to commands with just text or links.I’m wondering how to connect to things like Google Calendar, which is probably through their API, but I’m wondering how I’d go along as to doing that for taking a command input with details, for example: /addevent Test Friday which would add that event to a google calendar on the upcoming Friday, and later have that same bot give a reminder the day before the event begins.Any pointers for learning how to connect with the API or even if there’s npm packages that would work for the GroupMe bot that’d be very helpful.Basically my question is, how can I use external API’s when someone tries to use a command in a GroupMe chat so that they’d get a response based on that API’s information?Maybe tutorials or anything of the sort that would help in regards to what I’m trying to do?

Submitted August 30, 2018 at 01:13AM by learningconstantly

No comments:

Post a Comment