Friday 31 August 2018

Framework help

Hello guys​I will be building a game server, and I need some help in choosing a framework.I would like to choose a framework that does most of the decisions for me as in architecture and relations. Since I am still learning node, I would like to use this opportunity to learn from a fw that has best practises inside.​For the game part, I will need web frontend for statistics, bunch of tables and some actions as well. Players will be able to enter the dashboard to see detailed statistics for themself, so It would be cool if the framework has support for different user groups ect.. I will use angular6 to build it.Database should be mongo, as it is the one I am familiar with and I have been using it for some time now.Mobile app for the game will be needing socket connection to the game server. Although, there is no multiplayer options, It would be good if I could have chat groups for players to enter and chat. Also, user session management and (login logout) would be great.​I already looked into several frameworks (sails, loopback, actionhero, nestjs, ect...), but I know you have much more experience in them so you can help me make the right choice.​I am familiar with writing game backend code, but not so much with dashboard features. This, with socket user session management would be the main part where I would expect help from the framework.I come from strongly typed environment, so typescript or modern js features are a plus if used. Anything that goes in that direction.Scaling of course is important.​Is there one solution for this, or will I need to do game server and dashboard separately?​Help me please :)​My colleague brought to my mind that our priority is game backend. We can always hook up dashboard up with loopback+angular.

Submitted August 31, 2018 at 09:52AM by matejthree

No comments:

Post a Comment