Thursday 16 August 2018

Creating an express server running in parallel with my electron application

My electron app requires a feature that would convert a string of html that I provide to a pdf. I intend to use this module to do the job https://ift.tt/2vOFWYa, when running this process through my client side application, I get this error: TypeError: childprocess.spawn is not a functionFrom what I understand, electron does not seem to allow me to spawn child processes. So I propose instead, having an express server running in the background that would call the node-html-pdf module and then output the pdf which would be returned to electron and saved to the computer using electron dialog.Does this seem like a good idea? Is there a better way?

Submitted August 16, 2018 at 09:37PM by yungyahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment