Thursday 8 February 2018

Beginner and really confused with what technologies to use for a web app project

I have an idea of a project that will be mostly a CRUD app where users can submit their posts and rate posts of other users, but in addition to that the web app will have more functionality like monitoring the status of selected Twitch streams in real-time, or pulling and analyzing statistics data from third-party APIs. Eventually I want to add on an iOS/Android app that will connect to my API to provide the same functionality and data from my back-end server.Previously I had experience with PHP and Wordpress trying to do a similar project, however hacking a blog CMS to perform in a very different way was a total pain. So I switched to Django, which seemed quite versatile, however it also felt clunky and I didn't like the process of deploying. Now I am playing around with Node and MEAN stack, and it seems like a breath of a fresh air.But I am really confused about what technologies to use for such a project. Is MEAN stack enough? Or is it an overkill? Or should I look at something different, like Meteor? And am I getting it right that Meteor requires users to have a modern browser for it to work, but what will happen to users with older browsers? I know there are ways to prerender pages to make them static and serve them the good old way (particularly for search engines crawlers), but I suppose that the real-time functionality won't work at all?Thanks in advance.

Submitted February 08, 2018 at 08:52AM by Playhardxd

No comments:

Post a Comment