Tuesday 20 February 2018

Business guy turned noob developer. Would appreciate some feedback on my first web app!

Hello /r/node!Been a long time lurker, and as a self taught developer, I appreciate this community for all the helpful discussions. I want to share a small project I've been working. I would appreciate any feedback and input on areas of improvement. Thanks in advance!The Problem:I'm subscribed to 25+ subreddits, and have a hard time keeping up with new posts. My Reddit feed is dominated by a few large subreddits and I end up just scrolling aimlessly.The Solution:I created a web app called Reddit Daily that sends you daily summary of the top posts from your favorite subreddits.Main questions I have:Would this tool be useful to you?What are some features I could add / improve upon?About me:27 y/o with a background in management consulting. Currently work for a F500 insurance company in NYC. I’ve always wanted to be an entrepreneur, but hated being the “business guy”. So I started learning web development ~2 years ago. It’s been a slow process due to 60-80 hour work weeks and a few false starts / going down the wrong paths (looking at you MeteorJS).

Submitted February 20, 2018 at 07:02PM by extrafoo

No comments:

Post a Comment